Tuesday, April 22, 2008

I like truffles, but preferably the chocolate kind...


I stumbled upon this gallery of expensive items for the rich, and came across this as one of the pictures. This woman purchased this truffle for over $300,000 because it's one of the biggest ever found. Okay, so these things are basically mushrooms, right? And you're supposed to eat them? What do you do with them if you don't eat them?
I can't help thinking that someone has really pulled the wool over rich people's eyes. I mean this thing doesn't look like something you could PAY me to keep in my home, let alone shell out a small fortune for. Just look at this picture- the woman looks like shes about to be attacked by a character out of Star Wars or something. You know how people artificially raise the price of diamonds or whatever? well at least I can sort of understand why you would want diamonds--they make you look better when you are next to them. The only way this thing makes the lady look better is by contrast, and you can get that sort of glamour for a lot less than $300,000.

1 comment:

cecilia said...

woah. i think i would definitely choose the diamond encrusted MP3 player or the $1,000 sushi roll.