
Today the fun-ness will be about...places I went when I was little! And still go to... But mostly parents' families' places. Sadly, Google didn't have street view for many of these places, but they did have photos tagged to locations nearby. The picture above is on the Charleston Battery, the same street my grandparents live on. Its just a bit fancier than their place though :) (which is why they have a picture of it on google...and not mamoo and papas).
This is a house on Limehouse Street in Charleston, SC, that according to google was the first house in Charleston to have plumbing installed. Also, I'm pretty sure that if you walk down that little pathway you get to the "carriage house" Kelly and I lived in one summer while working at Charleston Magazine. Carriage Houses used to house people's horse drawn carriages while they weren't using them, and now are sometimes used as apartments rented out to tourists. It's quite possible we lived a couple houses over, but same general idea...
Also in Charleston, this is a picture of the street my mom grew up on, Tradd Street. I have no idea if this picture is anywhere near where she actually grew up, but Charleston isn't that big so it must be relatively close...
This is Young Lake. It was called that before we got there, but I've gone here pretty much every summer my entire life. There are only three houses on the entire lake (which is about a mile in diameter, if that helps put the picture into perspective). Its in Muskoka, Ontario, Canada. I tried to zoom in to see if any of my family was in the picture, but alas there are too many trees and the picture isn't quite sharp enough.That's all for now! If anyone else/new wants to contribute other posts please feel free...
No comments:
Post a Comment