Thursday, May 10, 2007

GREAT LAKE SWIMMERS....Sort of...







We're camping again, this time in Lake Superior National Park by Rabbit Lake and it is gorgeous, and we've had nothing but sun sun sun. Its cooling off now in the evening, but its been so hot here, around 25 degrees celsius, (80 Farenheit) all the time.
We started early this morning and were greeted by a flock of vultures flying overhead. We were, as we found on the campground map, at Little White River. Still no idea what town we were in, and it took us an hour on back roads to hook up with the highway again.
I've done most of the highway driving so far (for those of you who would think otherwise...) and its quite nice except that that speed limit is 90Kph (60Mph) all along the Transcanada which is infuriating on big long open roads, but I've been warned by enough people of the traffic cops and stray moose to stick around that speed.
As I write, Peg is barbequeing hot dogs on our little campsite's grill, and has just announced that we have beavers as neighbors. Last night it didn't get dark until almost 10, and should be later tonight because we are further west.
Today, in an "Indian" trading post, we bought a book all about weird places in Canada. Apparently, from Thunder Bay, there is an island that looks like a sleeping giant, that is actually a spirit who died when his secret was told to the white man. Or something. I guess we'll find out, cause we'll be in Thunder Bay tomorrow. And hopefully we'll find internet to post...
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Adriana Nascimento said...

Hi my beautiful friends,
This blog is great! I'm wonderful to know that you guys are having a good time & enjoying yourselves!!!
Wow... camping... Sounds like fun.
I'm sure Peggy is loving it.
Have a good time & a terrific weekend. And I hardly can wait to see your next posting.
Kisses & hugs...

P.S.: Pic from our last dinner turned out very nice!!!